The Positive Space Network 2SLGBTQ+ Youth Action Committee (YAC) is a youth-driven leadership committee made up of 2SLGBTQ+ identified and allied youth ages 12-24 from across Halton Region.
What does the Positive Space Network Youth Action Committee do?
- YAC members are responsible for helping plan Halton Pride Week, which takes place June every year
- YAC members help vision and plan future 2SLGBTQ+ youth programs
- YAC members represent 2SLGBTQ+ youth voices on various projects happening throughout Halton Region
What will I get out of being part of the YAC?
- Opportunities to make friends and find community with other 2SLGTBQ+ identified and allied youth
- Volunteer opportunities, work experience, and/or high school volunteer hours
- Opportunities to develop tons of facilitation, mentorship, team work, leadership, communication skills
- Opportunities to find out about local resources and meet people from other youth services in Halton
What are your responsibilities as a YAC member?
- Attend meetings twice a month from November to June
- Attend a weekend of training and team building in November – where you will learn about 2SLGBTQ+ identities, anti-oppression, leadership, and get to know other YAC members!
- Help contribute to events and spread the news
Please note we will be closing the application for YAC 2020/21 on September 30th 2020.