ONLY FOR MEDICAL DOCTORS, NURSE PRACTITIONERS, REGISTERED NURSES AND SPECIALISTS.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 5.0 Mainpro-M1 credits.
- Silvana Hernando RP: Trans Health Clinical Educator at Rainbow Health Ontario, is an experienced facilitator and trans health educator. Before joining RHO, Silvana worked in mental health for 18 years counselling trans, non-binary, and gender nonconforming people from a trans-positive, trauma-informed perspective.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Provide community-based gender-affirming services to trans and gender diverse clients;
• Take a gender history, assess and diagnose gender dysphoria in accordance with WPATH Standards of Care;
• Describe the informed consent process for initiating hormone therapy;
• Conduct hormone planning visits;
• Initiate and monitor transition related hormone therapy;
• Utilize clinical guidelines to inform and guide practice.